Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Making Your Marriage a Priority

Recently a group of ladies for whom I have the utmost respect started a discussion on what it looks like to have your marriage relationship take top priority in your life (after your relationship with God.)  And, have I mentioned how much I love these ladies? It has lead to some amazing discussion and growth. And confession and need to submit and need to pray and need to confess and need to pray and.  Wow! I am so humbled.  And so blessed.

My relationship with my husband is my most important earthly relationship. And it takes a whole lot of effort. On both of our parts. And this is so much more than one blog entry so I will start with just one aspect.  A huge one I have found out in discussing this with other women.  Making our relationship a priority DOES NOT MEAN WAITING HAND AND FOOT ON MY HUSBAND WHILE MY CHILDREN WAIT IN THE BACKGROUND NOT HAVING THEIR NEEDS MET.  Let me repeat that...

Making our relationship a priority DOES NOT MEAN WAITING HAND AND FOOT ON MY HUSBAND WHILE MY CHILDREN WAIT IN THE BACKGROUND NOT HAVING THEIR NEEDS MET.(Don't you just picture Oliver and Little Orphan Annie in rags standing in the snow watching while I am dressed like June Cleaver serving Kevin a latte?)


My husband is a big boy and completely capable of wiping his own nose, getting his own drink, sometimes he even fixes dinner and does his own laundry!  Nope, making our relationship does not mean meeting his physical needs. Well, okay *blushes* sometimes there are physical needs involved, but that is not what I am talking about here.

So what does it mean making our relationship THE priority?  More to come.....

1 comment: