Sunday, March 6, 2011

Growing Weary....

Weary....more than just tired. It is a mental and emotional exhaustion as well as physical.  Sometimes I am weary in a general sense.  How do I keep up with five kids, and a pastoral husband, and try to find time to exercise and be in the Word, and substitute teach and, well, I think you get the idea. I've been there a lot recently.  So my first inclination is to just not do anything. To sit and read and do only the basics of what needs to be done.

For the first part of this year, I have been reading and studying Made to Crave.  And for the first eight weeks or so, it really spoke to me.  I was earnestly seeking God.  He was my priority.  Yes, I lost quite a bit of weight, but it was a byproduct of being closer to God.  But I noticed these past few days, that I have been slipping up on my eating choices.  AND I have not been spending time with God or in His Word,  Today, during church, I realized I was growing weary, once again, over the battle with my weight.  Guess why?  Because I had switched my focus back off of God and back onto food.  My schedule has gotten busier and I haven't kept my priorities in order.

You see, my friends, that is exactly what Satan wants to happen to us.  He wants us to grow weary, to shift our focus from God back onto ourselves.  The enemy wants us to be frustrated, to be distracted. But Isaiah 40:29 tells us
            He gives strength to the weary
             and increases the power of the weak. 


I am so grateful to know this, because, on my own, I am incredibly weak.  I may be able to lift myself up momentarily, but  never long term.  Praise God that He can do all that I cannot!  And He promises me so much!
         I will refresh the weary and satisfy the faint. (Jer. 31:25)

          Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. (Mt. 11:28)

Praise the Lord, that in my weakness He is strong!  That He will refresh and satisfy me! He will give me rest! All I have to do is approach My Daddy on His throne and ask!! 

1 comment: